"Mountain river"Bokshay Joseph Josephovich
|Year of creation||
ARTIST: Bokshay Joseph Josephovich (1891 – 1975), Transcarpathian artist
TITLE: "Mountain river"
SIZE: 86 x 90 cm, (33 3/4 x 35 2/4 in.)
MEDIUM: canvas on canvas
YEAR OF CREATION: 1951
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY: Issued by L`Art Gallery
CONDITION: Good vintage condition, as is on the photo. Feel free to ask me additional question about item condition and send additional photos.
ABOUT THE ARTIST: Bokshay Joseph Josephovich – was born on 2nd of October, 1891 in the Kobyletska Polyana village, Transcarpathian region. He studied at the Budapest Art Academy. During the First World War he was captured by the Russian army. In the spring of 1918 he returned from captivity in Transcarpathia and began his pedagogical activity in the Uzhgorod Real Gymnasium, where he worked until 1945. Joseph Josephovich worked in the landscape genre, painted at the beginning of his carrier with pastel and then oil paints, uses subjects from the people's life, is interested in church subjects. The first personal exhibition took place in 1926 in Prague, and then in the same year in Uzhgorod. In 1940, together with Adalbert Erdeli organized a new association "Union of Carpathian Artists", and in 1946 the artist became one of the first mentors of the Uzhhorod Art School in the Faculty of Painting and a member of the regional organization of the Union of Artists. From 1951 to 1957 he worked as the head of the examination commission at the Institute of Applied and Decorative Arts in Lviv. The artist's paintings were exhibited at many famous exhibitions that took place in Ukraine and the Soviet Union. Since 1951, Honored Artist of the USSR, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Arts of the USSR since 1958, National Artist of Ukraine since 1960, National Artist of the USSR since 1963. The artist died on 19th of October, 1975. Transcarpathian Art Museum in Uzhgorod was named after Joseph Bokshay.
SHIPPING AND PACKING: We deliver worldwide. Delivery cost should be paid by the Buyer. For most of the shipments we use UPS or Ukrainian State Post company as carrier. Feel free to ask me delivery cost. Paintings are carefully packed in order to protect from any damage during transportation. Cardboard paintings should be sent in a cardboard box (without a wooden frame). Canvas paintings should be sent (in most cases) rolled up on pipe covered with protecting materials (without a wooden frame).
If you are interested in this painting feel free to ask us any questions about payment and delivery.
Our Gallery is on the art market since 2003. We have big experience, impeccable art taste and reputation.
Phone (WhatApp|Viber|Telegram) : +380981240658
Mail : info@L-art.kiev.ua
We deliver worldwide. Delivery cost should be paid by the Buyer. For most of the shipments we use UPS or Ukrainian State Post company as carrier. Shipping should be made within 3-5 (three-five) in case of international shipping and 1-2 (one-two) business days in case of local shipping after payment is received. Paintings are carefully packed in order to protect from any damage during transportation. Cardboard paintings should be sent in a cardboard box. Paintings on canvas should be sent (in most cases) rolled up on pipe covered with protecting materials. All items must be paid for before they can be released. Please contact us tel:+380 96 727 87 70 or info@L-Art.kiev.ua for shipping cost calculations.
Payment can be made by:
- VISA/MASTERCARD or cash in our Gallery – Kyiv, 30 Andriyivskyy Descent str.
- Cash upon delivery by courier (In case of local shipping)
- Wire transfer.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE AND ITS SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES OF THE SITE AS A BUYER, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE PRESENT AGREEMENT.
- We guarantee the authenticity of all our items except made by Unidentified Artist.
- Payment must be received within 5 (five) business days of receipt of the invoice by the Buyer. Payment can be made by cash, PayPal, bank wire transfer, credit card (Visa, MasterCard). We reserve the right to require payment by methods other than credit card or PayPal for any reason. All payment can be made in UAH Grivna, US Dollars or in EURO.
- The Buyer should pay all State/Federal/Local taxes due to the law of his residence or where the item is received if such is required.
- The Buyer should not pay any kind of taxes in the country of L`Art Gallery residence (Ukraine).
- The items offered for sale by L`Art Gallery, LLC are offered by us as owner. The contract for sale of the items is made therefore between us and the buyer.
- All items are sold as-is and where-is. All items are available for inquiries prior to buying. Photographic images of items being offered, whether provided in print or online, as well as references in the catalogue entry are provided as a convenience to prospective Buyers. The absence of any reference in a condition report or photograph does not imply that an item is free from defect or restoration, nor does a reference to particular defects imply the absence of any others.
- All sales are considered final with the following exception: L`Art Gallery, LLC will agree to a refund of the purchase price if within thirty (30) days of purchase, the purchaser obtains and sends to L`Art Gallery, LLC a signed written letter from a mutually recognized expert or authority on the artist stating unequivocally that the work is a forgery or not by the represented artist. The purchase date is the date of the item is received by the Buyer. The choice of expert or authority must be mutually agreeable to L`Art Gallery, LLC and the purchaser. This exception will only apply to a work signed by the artist and not to an attribution, manner of, school of, circle of or follower of a particular artist. The letter must be signed, and on letterhead of the recognized expert or authority. Any exceptions to this rule must be specifically approved by L`Art Gallery, LLC.
- We reserve the right to retain, publicize, and publish any photographs and descriptions of property we offer both prior to sale and afterwards. We reserve the right to publicize and provide the results of any sale, including images, on our own website as well as to any third party we choose, including online auction-result databases. All images, text, photographic reproductions, and design in this catalogue are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without our explicit written permission.