Malinka Mykola Opanasovich
Malinka Mykola Opanasovich – was born on February 16, 1913 in the village of Lesnyaki, Poltava region. The ability to draw was noticed by the seven-year-old school teacher and advised the future artist to study painting. In the fall of 1934 he entered the All-Ukrainian Art Institute in Kyiv. After graduating from the preparatory department and two courses of the faculty of painting, he was drafted into the Red Army. During the serve he studied at the M. Grekov art studio. Since 1939 he has been an active participant in art exhibitions. From autumn 1943 to December 1945 he took part in the Second World War. After the war, returning to his native town Yagotyn worked as an artist. Since 1949, a candidate member of the Union of Artists of the USSR. Since 1955, a member of the Kyiv Association of Artists. In 1962, Kyiv Association of Artists became a part of the All-Union Art Fund, and Malinka became a member of it. In Yagotin, the artist took an active part in the creation of a historical museum, headed a studio of fine arts. The artist's works are presented in museum and private collections in Ukraine, Russia, USA, Switzerland, Canada, Holland, Australia. Two paintings by the artist Shevchenko's theme are on display at the Taras Shevchenko Museum in Toronto, Canada. Several canvases, including the famous "Kobzari", were exhibited in 1988 in New York. The artist died on December 14, 1993.